4 Days and 3 Nights Tour
Description of the 4 days and 3 nights Tour
It is a 4 days and 3 nights tour in Tunisia to discover a large part of the Tunisian South. During this circuit you will discover: Tataouine, Chenini, Ksar Ghilane, Douz, Tozeur, Chebika, Tamerza, Mides et Matmata the troglodyte village.
Book your 4-day tour in Tunisia and discover the 3 types of desert in the country!
Discover the Chotts, the Reg and the Erg at your own pace.
Cross the big dunes in a 4*4 and spend a night in a tent!
Discover the Ksours, Berber villages and mountain oases in Tozeur.
About the 4 days and 3 nights Tour
- Duration : 4 days and 3 nights
- Departure time : 8h30 am
- Pick up: Djerba – Zarzis and Tataouine (Other cities incur additional costs)
- Confirmation : immediate
- Guide : Arabic – French – English – German – Italian
- Type of transport : Air-conditioned vehicle
- Tour approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
Cancellation : See Terms and Conditions
- Take advantage at your address: pick-up wherever you are
- Discover a large part of southern Tunisia
- Enjoy a hike between the Ksours of Beni Khadech, off the beaten track
- Hike in the Berber villages of Chenini, Douiret and Toujane
- Cross the large sand dunes in the footsteps of dromedaries
- Spend a night in a tent in the middle of the desert (wild bivouac)
- Meet nature and dive deep into local life
- Follow local guides and admire Tunisian nature off the beaten track
- Possibility to personalize the circuit according to your desires
Day 1: The Ksours and the night in the tent
Breakfast and departure to Tataouine via the Roman road. A first stop will be scheduled at the salt lake of Chahbania then continuation to the colorful market of the city and free time to visit.
After the market, head to Chenini, the Berber village that dominates the mountain. Take the time to visit with a local guide who will make you discover it with the eyes of both a local and a Berber.
Lunch in a typical restaurant
After the meal, fasten your seatbelts to head to Ksar Ghilane, the oasis in the middle of the desert where the greenery of the palm trees embraces the ocher color of the dunes. Take the time to walk in the dunes (possibility of quad or camel ride as an extra) and enjoy a swim in the hot spring. At the end of the afternoon, head to the camp where you will spend the night in a tent. Dinner at the camp and overnight under the stars.
Accommodation: Zmeela camp or similar.
Day 2: Discovery of Djerid and the old Medina
Wake up gently and breakfast, and departure for Tozeur via the town of Douz and free time to stroll through its colorful market.
Lunch and continuation.
Crossing of Chott El Djérid, lake of antiquity, sea of chimeras and disturbing fairyland by its mirages where, according to legend, entire armies disappeared forever. Arrival and installation at the hotel.
Afternoon visit of the old town of Tozeur (The old Medina) and possibility of taking a horse-drawn carriage ride in the wonderful palm grove of Tozeur (Extra) or visiting the magnificent museum of traditional art Dar Chéraït (Extra).
Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Accommodation: in ksar rouge or similar
Day 3: Mountain oases and Star Wars settings
After breakfast, departure to visit the superb mountain oases Chébika, a true suspended paradise, which for years has become the favorite place of the greatest filmmakers (known above all for its Berber village and its water sources which spring from the side of the mountain), Tamerza (famous for its waterfall) and Midès (for its Canyons).
Lunch in a typical restaurant with the locals to enjoy a typical Tunisian menu.
In the afternoon, you can leave behind civilization and go on an adventure in the dunes of Ong Djemel via the Ralley track to discover the Star Wars sets and the village of Mose Espa. On the way to our hotel, we will pass the basket of Nefta where a visit will be at the rendezvous.
Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Accommodation: Ksar Rouge or similar.
Day 4: In the house underground and the return to Djerba
After breakfast, departure to Matmata, the troglodyte village. Our first stop will be at the Berber village of Tamazret. Coffee break and photos of the Berber village.
Continuation to Matmata and visit to the locals where we will be welcomed by good Roman tea, bread prepared by your host, accompanied by olive oil and honey.
After the meal, departure to visit the famous Sidi Idriss hotel (location where some Star Wars scenes were filmed) then a visit to the Berber village of Toujane famous for the manufacture of handmade “MARGOUM” carpets and for its honey at rosemary base.
The 4 days and 3 nights Tour in pictures
The Tour in video
Low season : 580 euros per person
High season : 640 euros per person
– Reception at the airport on the day of arrival.
– Overnight at Zmela camp with half board the first night. (excluding drinks)
– The night in Tozeur with half board on the 2nd day. (excluding drinks)
– The night in Tozeur with half board on the 3rd day. (excluding drinks)
– Lunches throughout the circuit (excluding drinks)
– The provision of an air-conditioned vehicle for 2 days.
– The services of a driver approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office for 2 days
– A licensed guide throughout the tour
– The services of the local guide for the hikes
– Our services and our assistance 24H/24H
– The midday meal of the 1st day
– Drinks and personal expenses.
– Optional activities and walks mentioned in the program or offered on site.