Description of the 3 days and 3 deserts Tour
Book your 3 Days and 3 Deserts tour in Tunisia and discover the 3 types of desert in the country!
Discover the Chotts, the Reg and L’Erg at your own pace. Cross the large dunes in a 4 * 4 and take a camel ride in the Sahara!
Discover the Ksours, the Berber villages, the mountain oases in Tozeur and spend a night in a lodging in the heart of Douiret and spend a night in a tent in the desert.
About the 3 days and 3 deserts tour
Highlights of the 3 Days and 3 Deserts Tour
- Benefit from a pick-up at your address where you are in Tunisia.
- Discover a large part of northern Tunisia.
- Visit Tataouine, its Ksours and the troglodyte village of Chenini.
- Bathe in the hot spring at Ksar Ghilane.
- Spend a night in a tent in the middle of the desert.
- Visit a cave dwelling and eat with the locals.
- Spend the night in a cottage in the Berber village of Douiret.
- Discover the 3 types of desert in Tunisia.
- Explore local life and indulge in Tunisian cuisine.
- Enjoy a 3-day tour in Tunisia, customizable at your own pace
Program of the Tour
Day 1: Welcome to Tunisia
Arrival, reception at the airport and transfer to the hotel in Djerba. Free day and possibility of a stroll in town or lazing around depending on the flight schedule.
Accommodation: Dar Bhar Hotel or similar
Day 2: The Ksours, Berber villages and the night in a cottage
The first stop will be at the salt lake of Chahbania, a photo break during which your guide will give you the detailed itinerary of the day.
Continue to the town’s local market and enjoy some free time to stroll through its alleys and taste the famous local pastry “Les cornes de Gazelle”.
Then, head to Chenini, one of the most beautiful Berber villages where you will meet your local guide “Zizou”! With his broad smile, a lot of love for his village and passion for his job as a local guide. He will accompany you for a walk of about 1 hour to discover the village and its secret corners! Discover the granaries, the houses embedded in the mountain walls, the oil mill, the mosque and much more …
Around noon, a local meal would be a good reward after the walk you made!
After the meal, it’s time for digestion! Now the route is about 6 km of walking in the middle of nature! Also with Zizou, cross olive groves, meet goats and sheep, maybe hamsters … Discover palm groves and water sources and breathe the fresh air.
The arrival point will be an 18th century attic at the top of the mountains of Beni Khedache: The Ksar Jouamaa! Sit back, take your shower and get ready for a good dinner!
Installation in the Ghorfas and dodo.
Accommodation: Ksar Jouamaa
Day 3: The oasis of Ksar Ghilane and the visit to the inhabitant
In Douriet, try to wake up early to admire the wonderful sunrise! Enjoy a good breakfast then drive to Ksar Ghilane. Considered one of the most important gateways to the desert, this oasis is truly magnificent! In the middle, a natural hot spring is used not only for swimming but also for irrigating the palm groves around. At all four ends, dunes of fine sand stretch as far as the eye can see!
Take the time to swim, to go on a quad bike or camel ride in the dunes if you wish, then enjoy a midday meal in the middle of the desert.
After lunch, departure to Matmata, the troglodyte village par excellence! Arrival and visit of a Berber family in their house dug underground! Inside, you will not only have the right to visit all the rooms, but also to taste a good rosemary tea, served by your host with olive oil, honey and homemade bread!
Continuation to the Berber village of Toujane, a fascinating village timidly hidden between two mountains… Photo stop then return to Djerba.
The 3 days and 3 deserts circuit in pictures
The 3 days and 3 deserts circuit in video
The rates below correspond to the proposal in the circuit. This rate may change depending on our email exchanges and the changes you want to make to the program. We are here to personalize the circuits according to your desires
This price includes
- Reception at the airport on the day of arrival and transfer to the hotel
- The night at the Hotel Villa Azur or similar with half board the 1st night
- The provision of an air-conditioned vehicle for 3 days
- 1 night at the Douiret gîte with half board
- Hotel / Airport transfer on the day of departure
- The services of a driver approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office for 3 days
- The services of a licensed guide throughout the tour
- The services of a local guide for hiking
- Midday meals throughout the tour (excluding drinks)
- Our services and assistance 24h / 24h
- Entrance fees to Star Wars sites during the 24-hour circuit
This price excludes
- Drinks and personal expenses
- The optional activities and walks mentioned in the program or offered on site.
- The massage or the private cabin during the Hammam
This price will change from 01/01/2023. Any booking made before this date will benefit from the current rate even if it is in 2023