Tataouine Chenini and the Ksours
Tataouine Chenini and the Ksours excursion is the ideal outing for lovers of local life…
During this excursion you will visit a salt lake, you will stroll in the local market of Tataouine and you will visit the different components of the Berber village of Chenini with a local guide for about 1 hour: The grain granaries, the oil mill, the houses carved into the walls of the mountain and even the magnificent mosque.
About Tataouine Chenini and the Ksours
- Duration : 1 Day
- Departure Time: 6:30 a.m
- Pick up : Djerba and Zarzis (our team picks you up wherever you are in these cities)
- Confirmation : immediate
- Guide : Arabic – French – English – German – Italian
- Type of transport : Air-conditioned tourist vehicle
- The excursion is approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
- Cancellation : See Terms and conditions
Discover the salt lake of Chahbania
Stroll and haggle in the Tataouine market
Explore the Berber village of Chenini with a local guide
Visit Tataouine Chenini and the Ksours of southern Tunisia
Discover one of the filming locations of Star Wars
book your Tataouine chenini excursion and benefit from a morning pick-up at your accommodation by a friendly driver. After a short presentation, set off to discover the wonders of southern Tunisia.
Begin your journey by leaving the island of Djerba, driving down an ancient Roman road and snapping gorgeous vacation photos of Chahbania along the way. Continue to Tataouine, the town that gave the planet Tatooine its name in the Star Wars saga, and enjoy some free time to wander the market and practice negotiating with merchants.
Then continue your journey to the Berber village of Chenini which offers a view of the mountain and stay there for around 1 hour with your local guide. This guide will be happy to introduce you to the different buildings that make up the village, such as the oil mill, the mosque, the houses carved into the mountains, and much more.
Enjoy a delicious local meal. Then depart for Ksar Hadada, where some scenes from the movie “Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace” were filmed.
To end your amazing day, return to Djerba in an air-conditioned vehicle.
Good to know
- Don’t forget to bring your sunscreen and sunglasses.
- It is better to wear sneakers to walk in the sand
- Tunisian cuisine is quite spicy, if you don’t eat spicy, please let us know.
- If you have any food allergies, please let us know.
- The camel ride in the dunes lasts 1 hour and costs around 10 euros per person
- The quad ride takes about 40 minutes and costs about 30 euros per person.
- Do not hesitate to take pocket money if you want to buy some souvenirs (sand roses, a cheche or others) or give tips
- The price of drinks on site and about 3 dinars per drink (about 1 euro)
Tataouine Chenini and the Ksours in Pictures
Tataouine Chenini and the Ksours in Video
This rate is based on at least 4 persons. Other people may join you.
- Provision of a private vehicle for 2 days of the excursion.
- The services of a guide approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office for 2 days
- The services of a driver approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office for 2 days
- Lunches for 2 days in local restaurants (excluding drinks)
- Mattresses, blankets and necessary equipment
- Our assistance during the excursion
Drinks and personal expenses Access to museums and sites Optional activities Tips for the guide and the driver