The caravan in Djerba
Go on horseback and come back on a camel
Going on a horseback or camel ride is one of the best ways to discover the island of Djerba. With the rhythmic steps of your friends the dromedaries, you will visit the most secret corners of the island.
A ride for one, two or even three hours on horseback, on the back of a camel or in a horse-drawn carriage to the various locations (the countryside, the lagoon, the souk of Midoun), it’s very fun, it’s even magnificent!
Lovers of new sensations will be able to discover the charm of the swaying rhythm of a dromedary, accustomed to walking in the sand, slender and rustic, clear as the dunes of the desert, and perfectly adapted to make you discover the sandy tracks of the countryside of the ‘island.
Lovers of comfort may prefer to take the ride on horseback, well secured in a saddle.
Here, everyone is happy since the concept is to start the first part of a horseback ride and finish it on the back of a camel or vice versa! It’s the perfect way to try both, get the most out of it and of course keep the expense down!
About the caravan in Djerba
- Duration: 2 hours
- Departure time: 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Pick-up: Djerba (our team picks you up where you are)
- Confirmation: immediate
- Guide: Arabic – French – English – German – Italian
- Type of transport: camel + horse
- Return transfers provided by our team
- Cancellation: free up to 48 hours before the date of the excursion
- Enjoy pick-up at your address in Djerba.
- Discover the island of Djerba to the rhythmic rhythm of camels and horses!
- Combined horse and camel ride.
- Discover the great lagoon of Djerba
- Discover the landscapes of Djerba far from the hotel complexes.
- Stay in the good hands of a professional guide.
Choose the animal you want to start with and go for a walk inland and away from the crowds! About 1 hour later, you will have a stop at the edge of the lagoon to admire the landscapes and the sunset if you choose the last outing of the day!
Before the return, discuss with one of your guides and if you left on horseback, go back, therefore, on the back of a dromedary!
Each caravan in Djerba is supervised by one or two qualified instructors, depending on the number of participants.
The ride is always guaranteed from two participants, with the possibility of grouping departures on request.
The walks are organized with respect for animals and safety instructions.
Good to Know
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult
- If you arrive in July or August, it is best to book the first or last ride of the day to avoid the heat.
- Don’t forget to put on your sunscreen!
This price will change from 01/01/2023. Any booking made before this date will benefit from the current rate even if it is in 2023