Description of the Tataouine-Chenini excursion
The Tataouine–Chenini excursion, also called the southern Ksours, is the ideal outing for lovers of local life…
During this excursion you will visit a salt lake, you will stroll in the local market of Tataouine and you will visit the different components of the Berber village of Chenini with a local guide for about 1 hour: The grain granaries, the oil mill, the houses carved into the walls of the mountain and even the magnificent mosque!
About the excursion
- Duration: 1 day
- Departure time: 6:30 a.m.
- Pick-up: Island of Djerba and Zarzis (our team picks you up where you are)
- Confirmation: Immediate
- Guide: Arabic – French – English – German – Italian
- Type of transport: 4 * 4 tourist air-conditioned
- Excursion approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
- Cancellation: free up to 48 hours before the date of the excursion
- Discover the salt lake of Chahbania.
- Stroll and haggle in the Tataouine market
- Explore the Berber village of Chenini with a local guide
- Visit Tataouine Chenini and the Ksours of southern Tunisia
- Discover one of the filming locations of Star Wars.
Don’t forget to bring your sunscreen, sunglasses, swimsuit and towel.
It is better to wear sneakers to walk in the sand
Tunisian cuisine is quite spicy, if you don’t eat spicy, please let us know.
If you have any food allergies, please let us know.
The camel ride in the dunes lasts 1 hour and costs around 10 euros per person
The quad ride takes about 40 minutes and costs about 30 euros per person.
Do not hesitate to take pocket money if you want to buy some souvenirs (sand roses, a cheche or others) or give tips
The price of drinks on site and about 3 dinars per drink (about 1 euro) book your Tataouine chenini excursion and benefit from a morning pick-up at your accommodation by a friendly driver. After a short presentation, set off to discover the wonders of southern Tunisia.
Begin your journey by leaving the island of Djerba, driving down an ancient Roman road and snapping gorgeous vacation photos of Chahbania along the way. Continue to Tataouine, the town that gave the planet Tatooine its name in the Star Wars saga, and enjoy some free time to wander the market and practice negotiating with merchants.
Then continue your journey to the Berber village of Chenini which offers mountain views and stay there for around 1 hour with your local guide. This guide will be happy to introduce you to the various buildings that make up the village, such as the oil mill, the mosque, the houses carved into the mountains, and much more.
Enjoy a delicious local meal. Then depart for Ksar Hadada, where some scenes from the movie “Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace” were filmed.
To end your amazing day, return to Djerba in an air-conditioned vehicle.
Good to know
- Don’t forget to bring your sunscreen, sunglasses, swimsuit and towel.
- It is better to wear sneakers to walk in the sand
- Tunisian cuisine is quite spicy, if you don’t eat spicy, please let us know.
- If you have any food allergies, please let us know.
- The camel ride in the dunes lasts 1 hour and costs around 10 euros per person
- The quad ride takes about 40 minutes and costs about 30 euros per person.
- Do not hesitate to take pocket money if you want to buy some souvenirs (sand roses, a cheche or others) or give tips
- The price of drinks on site and about 3 dinars per drink (about 1 euro)
Price of the excursion
This price is based on at least 4 people. Other people might join you.
This price will change from 01/01/2023. Any booking made before this date will benefit from the current rate even if it is in 2023