Tour Description :
The 1 Day Hike in a Berber village is a day off the beaten track…Far from the crowds during which you will embrace nature!
Follow your local guide between the berber village of Chenini, its mosque, the mountain and the water source. Explore the houses dug in the mountain and visit one of them !
Enjoy a picnic lunch around nature and meet the shepherds and their flocks.
Head from Chenini to Douiret, the next berber village 5 hours away.
Before getting back to Djerba, take the time to visit Ksar Hadada, one of the most known star wars Shooting locations in Tunisia
About the 1 day hike in the berber village :
- Duration : 1 day
- Departure time : 7h30 AM
- Pick up Location : Djerba Island – Zarzis – Medenine – Tataouine
- Confirmation : immediate
- Guide : Arabic – Frensh – English – German – Italian – Spanish
- Type of transport : Private Air conditionned vehicle + hike
- Excursion approved by the Tunisian Tourist Offic
- Cancellation: free up to 48 hours before the date of the excursion
- Benefit from a pick-up from your hotel in Djerba
- Discover the famous berber village of Chenini
- Hike between mountain and oasis
- Enjoy a picnic lunch
- Meet the shepherds and the local people.
Good To Know :
- The level of the hike is medium : it is not recommended for people with back problems, legs … etc.
- Don’t forget to bring your sunscreen and sunglasses
- It is best to wear walking shoes
- Tunisian cuisine is quite spicy, if you don’t eat spicy, please let us know.
- If you have food allergies, please let us know.
- Do not hesitate to take pocket money if you want to buy some souvenirs (sand roses, a cheche or others) or give tips
- The price of drinks on site are around 3 dinars per drink (around 1 euro)